Apple Yogurt Cake
Filed under: Cake | Tags: | February 24th, 2007
So, yesterday afternoon my cup of chinese tea was accompanied with few sclice(s) of Apple Yogurt Cake in which very fresh out from the oven. Yummy! Plus I could feel that the smell of the cinnamon was in the whole room.
Thank you to Vania for sharing the recipe.
Today is Saturday where my morning starts a little bit in a slow phase – I had the same cake for my breakfast while watching my favorite TV program.
Oh… life is so beautiful, indeed.
200 gr margarine
150 gr caster sugar
250 gr flour
¾ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
200 ml plain/natural yogurt
3 green apples (±350 g) – Peel, core & thickly slice the apple & put into salt water.
50 gr toasted slivered almonds
75 gr palm sugar or brown sugar
25 gr caster sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1. Line loaf pan 11x30x7cm with baking parchment. Lightly grease it & flour the base.
2. Cream together margarine & sugar in bowl until light & fluffy. Gradually add the eggs, beating well after each addition.
3. Fold flour, baking soda, baking powder into the mixture until well combined. Fold yogurt, mixing well.
4. Pour a half mixture into the prepared pan, arrange a half of sliced apples over the mixture & sprinkle with a half of sugars mixture. Repeat with the next layer.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 1 hour or until a toothpick inserted in the middle of the pan comes out clean.
Recipe Source : Vania Samperuru